Anytime of year is the right time to celebrate our Veterans! Visit Washington, DC on a quick getaway and learn about the branches of the Military during this 4 Day, 3 Night, life-changing stay in our Nation’s Capital!
- Pentagon City Mall
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Air Force and Marine Corps Memorials
- Vietnam and Korean War Veterans Memorials
- Army Museum
- Marine Museum
- Air & Space Museum
- Arrive in Washington, DC where you’ll meet your Guide and the rest of your group for lunch on your own at Pentagon City Mall. The sky-lit Mall features international specialties from the familiar to the exotic and a scenic glass elevator ride to the Third Level reveals more than 170 fascinating stores and restaurants.
- Stop to visit, pay our respects, and spend time in solemn remembrance at Arlington National Cemetery, America’s most sacred square mile, and a shrine to valor and the ultimate sacrifice. You’ll witness the Changing of the Guard while visiting.
- Embark with your Guide to stop at the Air Force Memorial and the Marine Corps Memorial, (Iwo Jima).
- Dinner is included this evening at a local district favorite.
- Check-in and relax at your hotel for the evening.
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before departing with your Guide on a Monuments & Memorials Tour to visit:
- The Vietnam Veterans Memorial,
- The Lincoln Memorial,
- The Korean War Veterans Memorial.
- Stop at the National World War II Memorial, where we’ll participate in a Wreath-Laying Ceremony.
- The impressive Smithsonian’s American History Museum is our next stop. Explore and have lunch independent from the group at the café of your choosing.
- Spend time with your guide visiting and learning at the United States Navy and Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorials.
- Enjoy dining at a popular Washington pub for dinner included this evening.
- Watch in awe as we explore DC during twilight on an Illuminated Monument Tour, where the city’s grand buildings, memorials, and monuments, are highlighted in a soft, illuminated light. DC is impressive during the day – stunning at night!
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel this morning.
- Depart with your Guide and tour the National Museum of the Marine Corps. where we’ll experience the popular ‘We, The Marines’ Movie at their Medal of Honor Theater.
- Visit the new National Museum of the United States Army at Fort Belvoir. Tour the Museum, dedicated to celebrating over 240 years of history, and discover this nationwide destination for honor, education, and experience.
- Depart back up north for free time this evening to wander at your leisure along the cobble stone streets of Old Town Alexandria, a beautifully restored historic district nestled on the banks of the Potomac River. Enhancing this charming village ambiance, are quaint little boutique shops, unique restaurants, pubs, art displays, and historic attractions such as:
- Christ Church,
- The George Washington Masonic National Memorial,
- Robert E. Lee’s Boyhood home,
- The Torpedo Factory.
- Stay for a hearty dinner included in Old Town before heading back to the hotel for the evening.
- Enjoy your last breakfast at the hotel this morning before checking out and departing to visit the Udvar-Hazy Center. The Smithsonian’s National Air & Space Museum, located near Dulles International Airport, is home to the astounding Space Shuttle ‘Discovery’, the centerpiece of the James McDonnell Space Hangar located inside the museum. Enjoy lunch on own while touring the museum before departing for home later this afternoon.
BONUS! May – August (2022; 2021: TBA) on Friday evenings, add either: the Marine Corps Sunset Parade, a ceremonial parade lasting approximately one hour and comprised of up to 200 personnel drawn from the garrison of Marine Barracks Washington; or the Air Force Band, formed in 1941 and an inspiration to millions with their concerts held at the impressive Air Force Memorial in Washington, DC.